The Office of African American Affairs (OAAA) funding will be available to Community-Based Organizations (CBO’s) that aligns with the mission which is to study, identify, and provide solutions to issues of concern relevant to the African American community.
The primary focus for funding is for programs that provide direct services to the African American community in the State of New Mexico that address at least one of the following areas:
- Civic Engagement
- Jobs & Economic Development
- Health &Wellness
- Youth Engagement
- Community-Based Organization
- An organization or program that serves NM African American residents
- All services and programming must be provided in the State of NM
- The organization is currently in good standing with the State of NM, OAAA, and City Government.
- Past recipients must be current on any reporting obligations for the FY19 funding period.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have not received funding from OAAA within the last 2 years
- Organizations who are focusing on community development, African American youth and training and creating opportunities for the African American community
- Funding requests does not commit OAAA to make an award. All awards are at the discretion of OAAA and contingent upon appropriations and funding availability. All funding requests submitted will be reviewed by the Executive Advisory Committee.
- Incomplete proposals will not be considered. You must use current funding proposal form, and all proposals have to be signed.
- The New Mexico Office of African American Affairs must be listed or OAAA logo has to be on all marketing and/or programs in order to receive funding.
- Due to state procurement codes, all funding is processed on a reimbursement basis ONLY.
- Funding will not cover food or travel expenses.
- Award sizes will vary, and eligible organizations can be funded up to $1,000.
- Awardees will be notified after November 25, 2020. Organizations seeking funding for programs during September 2019 – November 2019 will be reviewed within one week of OAAA receiving the funding request. Notification will be given to those organizations seeking funding during September 2019 – November 2019 within 2 weeks of OAAA receiving funding request.
- Award letters will be sent out to organizations who are approved.
Funding requests are due no later than Monday, November 4, 2019 at 5:00pm. All funding requests will be recorded upon receipt. Funding requests received after Monday, November 4, 2019 at 5:00pm are disqualified and will not be forwarded to the Executive Advisory Committee for funding considerations. The ONLY exception is Juneteenth funding requests which will be from March 4, 2020 – May 4, 2020 by 5pm. OAAA is not responsible for unreadable and/or out of order submissions.
Terms and Conditions
- Funding for this award is contingent on continued funding from the State. The funding request does not commit OAAA to make an award.
- OAAA reserves the right to accept or deny any or all applications if OAAA determines it is in the best interest of OAAA to do so. OAAA shall notify the applicant if it rejects that applicant’s request. OAAA reserves the right to suspend or terminate an outstanding funding request.
- OAAA has the right to check any document submitted for reimbursement. If documentation is falsified or unfounded, reimbursement will not be granted to the awardee, and that organization will no longer be able to receive funding from OAAA.
- All documentation must support approved funding granted in award letter. Any documentation outside of what was approved in award letter will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- OAAA will not grant funding for any items that require a white paper i.e. food, buying of equipment, hiring of staff or entertainers (ex. DJ), travel expenses and/or awards/plaques.